exordium n : (rhetoric) the introductory section of an oration or discourse [also: exordia (pl)]
introduction to a paper or discourse
Exordium can mean several things:
- Exordium (rhetoric), in Western classical rhetoric is the introductory section of a discourse.
- Surat Al-Fatiha ("The Opening" or "The Exordium"), the opening chapter of the Qur'an.
- The Mass for the Feast of the Sacred Heart.
- Technology in Revelation Space#Exordium, a fictional experiment involving time travel from the Revelation Space series
- Exordium (EP) - An EP by Dutch symphonic metal band After Forever.
- The Exordium, the series of books written by Mehdi Zand
- Exordium series, the science fiction book series written by Sherwood Smith and Dave Trowbridge
- The title of an orchestral work written by Daniel James Colson
exordium in German: Exordium
exordium in Norwegian: Exordium